The Healthcare Council/ShareSource is hiring!
Under general supervision, the Service Coordinator performs a wide range of activities associated with the day-to-day operations, assisting the ShareSource team with the overall operation and development of ShareSource programs. The Service Coordinator provides support to the regional and national contract teams, coordinates with field sales team, maintains the Facility Overview process, performs research, and other coordination functions in support of the overall program and services offered by ShareSource.
Learn more here. Click here to apply.
Senior Director of Strategic Alliances
Reporting to the President & CEO and working closely with the entire team, the Senior Director of Strategic Alliances is charged with expanding The Healthcare Council, formerly Healthcare Council National Capital Area (HCNCA) and ShareSource, formerly National Capital Area Shared Services (NCASS) business by expanding the Premier Affiliate Program, strategic partnerships with GPOs and membership associations, and regional purchasing accounts, with an emphasis on giving exposure to current vendor accounts and helping to secure contracts and agreements. Also, working with the Supply Chain Advisory Council and the planning committee to aggregate purchasing opportunities and offer educational opportunities. The successful candidate will have the ability to sell consultative custom solutions, products, professional development, provide strategic support to existing customers, organize supply chain services, work successfully with hospitals, allied health groups and other businesses in meeting their materials management needs and other services as required. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced healthcare sales/supply chain professional to bring his/her unique set of skills and relationships to a growing organization.
The ideal candidate has a strong background and demonstrated experience in healthcare, sales, customer support, business development, and supply chain logistics in a professional services setting, particularly working with senior level decision-makers. He/she will have a unique ability to build relationships and develop networks, along with highly developed account management skills. He/she should be curious about how individuals and teams perform at their highest levels, and eager to offer solutions to help individuals and teams work more efficiently and effectively.
The Healthcare Council & ShareSource seeks confident, resourceful, and self-initiating team players with the ability to thrive in a multi-pronged work environment where each individual contributor is expected to drive projects forward while also working collaboratively to achieve shared goals. He/she will be expected to manage clients independently, make important decisions about sales approach, supply chain services and network development while also leveraging the strengths of The Healthcare Council & ShareSource team to deliver the high-quality, high-impact work that makes up the core of The Healthcare Council & ShareSource reputation.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Establishing relationships with member, vendor, GPO and industry stakeholders and executives
- Developing and updating the ShareSource GPO strategy in partnership with the President & CEO.
- Managing ShareSource team of director(s), manager(s), service coordinator(s) and sales representatives.
- Seek out and source new clients by developing networks and independently identifying and developing relevant resources for sales and business development.
- Coordinate exposure of vendors through marketing material and face-to-face meetings with potential clients.
- Collaborate with vendors to assist in selling services or products, developing quarterly business review process to track milestones.
- Ensure an excellent client experience across all client interactions from needs assessment through delivery and follow-up.
- Develop creative outreach strategies to attract and retain clients for vendors and manufacturers.
- Work towards sales and revenue goals for Premier Affiliate program, Yankee Alliance program, endorsed partner utilization and other revenue streams as established in partnership with the President & CEO.
- Train regional sales representatives on vendors services and products for wider vendor exposure.
- Update and negotiate vendor agreements
- Manage relationships with vendor sales representatives, including regular reporting from vendors and reports to vendors from The Healthcare Council & ShareSource
- Expand long-time purchasing agreements to include new clients.
- Manage relationships with Supply Chain Leaders
- Coordinate with the planning committee the quarterly Supply Chain Advisory Council meetings for the region.
- Aggregate regional contracts for the benefit of providers and monitor usage and reporting systems
- Create Letters of Participation between ShareSource, Vendors and Providers
- Keep all contracts current and updated
- Negotiate best pricing from vendors, consultants, and manufacturers for clients.
- Build the fee sharing vendor list for The Healthcare Council & ShareSource.
- Service hospital client accounts for all fee sharing vendors and Premier accounts.
- Arrange meetings for vendors with clients.
- Responsible for assigned GPO deliverables and system vendors to ensure appropriate program deployment.
- Collects relevant information from GPO vendors to assess program success.
- Supports GPO related vendor service contract timeline
- Responsible for managing to the GPO plan(s) for projected deliverables.
- Serve as the main operational contact for assigned GPO segments.
- Must be comfortable in facing and negotiating GPO vendor interactions and serve as a system representative.
- Serve as customer service liaison between GPO vendors and communities
- Works closely with the Premier Affiliate program and Yankee Alliance to build program and enhance client spend.
Essential Skills/Attributes of the Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 15 years of professional work experience in healthcare, sales, professional services, business development in professional services, and client relationship management. Master’s degree in business or healthcare preferred.
- Exceptional relationship management skills and the ability to build and grow connections with people of all types and backgrounds
- Entrepreneurial spirit to find innovative solutions
- Comfortable and confident using technology as an integral part of the sales process.
- Experience managing team of managers, customer service representatives and sales representatives.
- Strong Emotional Intelligence and listening skills. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Comfortable with presenting to C-suite executives.
- Independent critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to keep multiple projects and client engagements active at once.
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to navigate uncertainty.
- Style alignment with a strengths-oriented team environment and the ability to naturally elevate others.
- Interest in working as part of a small and growing organization, with awareness about the opportunities and challenges that come with a highly adaptive environment.
- Dynamic and engaging, with a sense of humor and ability to not take oneself too seriously.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary for this position is a combination of base salary plus commission/bonus plan. The Healthcare Council & ShareSource offers life, disability and a Simple Self-Directed IRA plan and a generous time off policy. The Healthcare Council & ShareSource is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds of all kinds. The Healthcare Council & ShareSource will consider candidates who are interested in either a full-or part time role.
Send an email with a thoughtful cover letter and your resume to email@example.com with Senior Director Strategic Alliances in the subject line. Please tell us how you heard about the job, why you are interested and what your salary requirements are. For more information about The Healthcare Council & ShareSource, please visit our website at www.healthcare-council.org